These are in no particular order. Although the first few I personally like and recommend strongly.
I have found each one to be very helpful. Some focus on youth ministry training, while others provide helpful resources such as curriculum and books. Taken as a whole, this list is aimed to provide a youth worker with a holistic and balanced resource for their personal, professional, theological, and spiritual development.
Additionally, there are great resources for your students and your youth ministry program. This list is intended to be diverse in nature. I suppose that sub categories could arise from this list including: books, programming, blogs, journals, education, missions, training, etc…
These resources have blessed me personally in my own development in youth ministry over the past decade. Some of these are new, while others have a long (and good) track record in youth ministry. I hope all of these will be around in the next decade as I sincerely believe they make a signficant contribution to the youth ministry realm.
Again, my list is not complete and I would love for you to comment with other helpful resources and websites (even if its your own) Self promotion is fine with me!
I look for new and upcoming resources and also have an eye on ideas and ministries that are progressive and emerging. I also try to include good academic/theological resources for those of you interested in pursuing more of that stream of youth ministry. I left out youth missions/service resources as that can be a completely separate category.
I will attempt to provide a very concise overview of each resources (and by concise I mean really really short)
Top Ten Youth Ministry resources:
1) Youth Specialties (the mecca of all things youth ministry)
2) Barefoot Ministries (training, youth worker development, theology, spiritual formation for students)
3) The “Group” network (an assortment of everything from events, missions trips, curriculum, books, coaching, training)
4) National Network of Youth Ministries (regional and national networking)
5) Youth Worker (lessons, magazine, articles, programming)
6) YMtoday (articles, books, resources)
7 ) Student Ministry ( a youth pastor friendly site by and for youth pastors)
8 ) Fuller Youth Institute (theology, research, leadership, academics)
9) PTS- Institute of Youth Ministry (theology, research, forums, degrees & certificates, academics,)
10) Sparkhouse- publishing & curriculum w/ innovation, creativity, and imagination for church and youth ministry)
Moving on up……
Youth Ministry 360 (* a new site for training, networking, bible studies, and resources)